Monday 24 December 2018

Have a Good One, Folks...

Happy Christmas Eve! Hello, there. I'm as giddy as a goat but I'm well aware it's not compulsory. If you don't celebrate Christmas, or are abstaining from the season for your own good reasons, then Happy Monday to you. I hope it goes well.

Even Nige is eye-rolling my ridiculousness.
I'm not going to ramble much now. I've been up at silly o'clock to pick up a turkey from a farm shop fourteen miles away. Yeah, I hate me too. That's just another level of self-indulgent. Christmas does seem to bring out my inner-Nigella. I've had my hair washed and cut so I can have some me-time, and I've also used the phrase 'me-time'. So far, the mercury is rising high on the pretension scale. Now, as I listen to Christmas music, with a 24-hour Christmas ham roasting in the oven and the turkey soaking in its spice bath outside the back door (I know, I know, I'm an actual arse) let me say thanks for reading, and I hope tomorrow is as much fun as you want it to be.


*Dressing gown
is model's own.
 
As a festive treat, here is a photo. It is definitely Christmas morning, and if I had to guess, I'd say it was 1986. The exciting thing about this photo is that I'm modelling all my presents at once.* There's bangles, a snood, a belt (I got two - one red and one black) and of course, a sponge. Nothing celebrates the birth of Baby Jesus more, than a sponge. If you look to my right, you can just spot my little brother holding his sponge too. We all got one. Natch.

The other thing to share is something I've followed for a few years now. It's a funny/festive thing on Twitter. Every year Rhodri Marsden curates pictures of the best Christmas sleeping arrangements for people returning to the family home and being given a make-shift bed. Check out the hashtag #duvetknowitschristmas. It's become a Christmas morning tradition for me. There's something so deeply familiar about it, despite the fact I wake up in my own home. Still, have a look if you want to be amused.

For now, it's time to crack on. I have a list of food preparation jobs to complete. (Anyone want to devein a bag of raw prawns for me? Anyone?) I also need to chill TFO and make the most of my favourite season that's virtually done now. But enough! Time for me to shut up. Enjoy whatever shape the next few days take. See you on the other side. Merry Christmas, and of course...

...have a lovely week, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment