Monday 26 December 2022

An Eleven Month Ramble Round-Up...

It's an animated GIF, with a cartoon pig wearing a top hat and blowing a party popper from their mouth. The caption says, 'That'll do, 2022.' The illustrator is Susanne Lamb.
It might be only twenty-four hours since the fridge became a leftovers storage facility, but blog-wise, we're moving on. Because this is the last post of the year. Twenty-twenty-two, where has it gone? Well, wonder no more. Here's a round up of the past twelve months, via the monthly long-winded Ramble I pop out between the weekly updates. I aim to publish it on the first Monday of every month. So don't look too closely or you'll notice I seem to have missed March. No matter. Just enjoy my Eleven-Month Ramble Round-Up of 2022. Happy New Year, everyone!

A gif of Brett Goldstein as the character Roy Kent from Ted Lasso. He says, 'Were you talking about me?' to a character off camera.
Brett Goldstein's podcast
all about death and movies
features this month.
In January I talked about death, my funeral plans, and Barry Cryer. It was way more cheery than I've just made it sound. Click here for more.

Come February, and the world was a scary place. In the face of the horrendous situation in Ukraine, I retreated into You Tube escapisms. Click here for more

A gif of Lady Gaga and Liza Minelli, from the 2022 Oscars. Liza is in a wheel chair whilst Lady Gaga stands at her side. Lady G leans down and says, 'I got you.'
The Lady Gaga/Liza Minnelli 
double act was one of many
memorable moments.
In April, the Oscars took place. There was one big news story the morning after, and it wasn't any of the ones it should have been. I tried to right that wrong, here. Click here for more.

In May, I wrote about a new podcast I'd found, that was taking me right back to my Uni days and the love I used to have for a literary debate. Why can't there be seminars in adult life too? Click here for more.

A gif of Loreen, singing Euphoria in the 2012 Eurovision. There are flashing lights and she swishes her hair around as she performs.
I wrote a whole blog
on euphoria without 
mentioning the definitive
meaning of the word
.
June came around, and a random question by my brother saw me engage in my first psychological study since my degree. When did you last feel euphoria? When, goddammit? Click here for more.

July saw one of my more self-absorbed posts. No, really, it's worse than all the other self-absorbed ones, honest. I talked about the inspiration for each of my books so far, covering the specific TV programmes, authors, and stories that represented the vibes I was trying to create. Click here for more. 

A picture of the front cover of an edition of Smash Hits. It features the Pet Shop Boys and seems to be from the late eighties.
By the time it was August, I was doing anything I could to distract from the heat. Remember that? When it was hotter than the surface of the sun? A random eBay session resulted in me receiving some old copies of Smash Hits through the post. I loved it so much I broke down the contents. Click here for more.

As the September term started, I was on a writing roll. The new school year always makes me feel refreshed and ready to work. As I was nearing the end of the first draft of my new novel, I wrote about the experience. Click here for more. 

A still photo of the opening titles of the BBC show Eldorado. A shimmering blue sea is illuminated by a yellow sun in the sky. The yellow letters of ELDORADO are written across the sky.
By the time we hit October, I'd been dealing with peri-menopausal insomnia for eighteen months. The extra waking time forced me into rewatching the series Eldorado via You Tube. I loved it a lot, despite its obvious flaws regarding political correctness. Click here for more. 

November came with a revelation. I was well-used to Imposter Syndrome, but for a very small window, events had conspired to let me feel like I knew what I was doing. I wrote about it, as well as the importance of taking the time to spot those moments when they occur. Click here for more.

A gif from Schitts Creek where David Rose says, 'Who are you? Wow,' to someone off camera.
And then it was December. This, from three weeks ago, was about whether we can ever fully know anyone, including ourselves. That makes it sound way more deep than it was. Click here for more.

If you've gone back and reread all of that, then fair play to you. You deserve a prize. There isn't one, but you'd deserve it if there was. That only leaves for me to say, have a peaceful and/or raucous as frig New Year's Eve, have an excellent 2023, and, as always...

...have a lovely week, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment