Monday 20 December 2021

Season's Greetings and All That Jazz...

It's Christmaaaaaas! Well it will be in a few days. Not feeling the joy? Have a listen to this. A beloved-yet-modern carol, a quirky violin part, a key change, and all in Icelandic to boot. Pop a mince pie in the microwave, settle on the sofa, and have a listen. It's my seasonal present to you all.

Or if that's not enough, how about this? My attempt at creating a blog tradition continues. For Christmas week I share an old photo of myself from Christmasses past. This year's no exception. I'm determined to get this tradition off the ground. One day people will actively request my Christmas snap in their hordes and refer to it as the real meaning of Christmas. One day. Anyway, here's 2021's offering.

Even though Instagram wasn't around in 1981, some things never change. I think I've reached this year's quota of 'cute child looking up at christmas tree' pics. How about you? Yeah, I know. I'm sorry for adding to the pile. But at least this photo wasn't trying to sell you merch, or portray a lifestyle, or get loads of Likes so that companies might send out free stuff. Nope, this one's just an old fashioned family photo for an album. Which is presumably why the sideboard has all sorts of shit on it. I count three fruit bowls, two candles, my dog kennel money box, and one of those things on a stick that's supposed to spin in the wind. A wind spinner? Who knows? 

So over Christmas I'm going to metaphorically embrace my own messy sideboard. I'm going to post pics of real stuff rather than amazing stuff. Or I'm going to leave off posting much at all. There'll be too much cheese to eat to fully commit to all my timelines.

If you celebrate Christmas, then I hope it's lovely and everything you want it to be. If you don't, then I hope you get to enjoy some time off, and have a lovely weekend.

Feliz Navidad, Nadolig Llawen, God Jul, Frohe Weinnachten, Joyous Noel, and so on and so forth. Oh, and if it's possible, I hope you...

...have a lovely week, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment