Monday 10 January 2022

Waiting on a Notebook...

My cleaning routine? Of 
course! Slather cheapo
cream all over your face and
 neck, then hold a hot, wet
 cloth onto your face for a
few seconds before
scrubbing it all off.
You're welcome!
 
How are the resolutions going? What about those lifestyle changes? Anyone ditched the new gym membership and sunk back into a box of biscuits? Yes? Marvellous. We're all as shit as each other. As for myself, my personal belief about New Years Resolutions -they're a waste of time so don't bother - took a battering approximately ten days ago when I vowed 2022 was the year I would cleanse my face on a daily basis. So far, it's still a thing, although I can't promise I'll be saying the same next Monday. Hey ho, on we trot, making mistakes and blagging away.

Writing News
It shouldn't be a big deal but my new notebook hasn't arrived. And I know I can buy all sorts of notebooks from all sorts of shops, any time I like. But you see, I'd sourced an utterly lovely one from Etsy that was going to be the Notebook of Dreams. It was going to make planning Leeza McAuliffe Part Two (working title) a doddle. And I'm loathe to jump in with an inferior product. So in terms of Writing News I've been making a vague and non-official list of all the things I need to do once the notebook arrives. Mainly, I still need to reread Leeza McAuliffe Part One (not working title!) and make notes as I go. Damn you, errant notebook, holding up my plans, and my excellent ideas!

Fairly near the top of my TBR pile.
Also on there is Bob Mortimer's 
And Away, and Chris Brookmyre's
Flesh Wounds.
Culture
Isn't New Year telly brilliant? One minute I'm mourning the end of a month of festive film viewing, the next I'm being offered an absolute feast of quality TV to see me into the next year. Did you catch A Very British Scandal? A wittily written yet ultimately true story of the marriage and divorce of the Duke and Duchess of Argyle. Not your thing? How about The Tourist? A mystery thriller set in the Australian outback with enough humour to keep the potential creepiness at bay (and with added Jamie Dornan to boot.) Perhaps you prefer something with more emotional punch? The story of Anne Williams, the mum of a lad killed at Hillsborough, packs just that. Anne was on my planner when everyone - that's EVERYONE - was saying how powerful and moving it was. When I finally watched it - four episodes in one evening - it was just as they had said. Intense and exceptional. I urge you to give it a look. In other news, I saw The 355 at the cinema last week, which was perfectly fine, and then I ordered some books with my Christmas vouchers. A couple of thrillers by Lisa Jewell have arrived and are ready to be devoured.

Mushroom, sweet potato,
and brie pie. Mmmmmmmm.
Food and Drink
Due to inopportune positive COVID tests, the vegetarian option for Christmas dinner went uneaten over the festive period. That meant that last week I defrosted said vegetarian option - a pie! - and ate it for a Monday night tea. And it was fit AF. Mushroom, sweet potato, and brie are now my favourite pie contents in the world. (Huh. Egg custard might pip that. Let's just agree that they tie.) Anyway, after devouring the Marksies version in the week, I found a similar-ish recipe online, tweaked it to add sweet potato, and made my own. Here's the link if you're moved to try it out. You won't regret it. (Unless you don't like mushrooms, sweet potato, or brie. Or pies. )

Out and About
The routine is coming back slowly but surely. Brunch on a Wednesday, Costa on a Thursday, and the cinema on a Friday. The rest of the time I'm at my desk, making lists of what I'll do when my notebook turns up. (I'll fill it with more lists. That's what.) It's a bit of a tightrope now, isn't it? Avoiding COVID but supporting the businesses you want to keep afloat. I've got my mask and my triple jabbed status, and I'll sit outside wherever it makes sense to do so. I'm not sure what else I can do tbh. Of course when that notebook comes there'll be no time for getting out and about. Writing graft will take over. Fingers crossed! Hopefully! Who knows?!

Have a lovely week, folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment