Monday 15 November 2021

Cheese-Stuffed Tubes and Red Wine...

Shaking off the shackles of
pain and walking into the week
.  
All my muscles ache! Yes, take THAT, you update-hungry fiends. It's mostly confined to my lower back, my middle back, my upper back, my arse, my legs, my upper arms, and my shoulders. Oh, and the rest of my back. The reason? Crow-barring off my pesky desk from its super-duper nailed on position on the landing. My office space continues to be a work in progress. Even through there doesn't seem to be any. Progess, that is.

Worth your time.
Writing News
I've been feeling like a writer recently. The imposter syndrome's been calmer in recent weeks. This is, of course, due to a 'book what I wrote' being released and available in all good online bookshops. But there's more to it than that. An old friend had been in contact recently, asking some indie-publishing questions. She'd written a book and wanted a bit of info. Ten seconds later - once I'd passed on everything I know about publishing - I felt great. I was clever! I was wise! I was filled with nuggets of genius ready to impart to the world! It was a marvellous feeling and I enjoyed the legitimacy of it all. But then the real good news happened. My friend's ebook came out last week. It is spectacular. Check out Paradigm by S A Carmody. I read it in a night and only put it down when there was nothing left to read. I urge you to click the link and see for yourself.
Remember I told you about the horrific mix up at Christmas 2019? My lovely present of tickets for Adam Buxton in Liverpool, was due to to take place on the same night as 2020's Eurovision Song Contest. I might as well have thrown the tickets in the bin! Luckily I did not. And more luckily (cue insensitivity klaxon!) COVID came along and everything got rescheduled. Four times. I finally got to see the show last week. Adam Buxton and his bantz were fab. Tuesday night's not really my optimum time for an evening out, but I came away feeling all jolly and goodwill-filled. I'm now reading the book he was promoting - Ramble Book: Musings on Childhood, Friendship, Family, and 80s Culture* and thoroughly enjoying it.
 
In the end, I had to use big shells.
Can you even imagine?
Food and Drink
This weekend I was home alone so decided to make ricotta and spinach cannelloni. I've no idea why I needed an empty house for that, but I'd got it into my head I'd celebrate being an independent woman with cheese-stuffed tubes and red wine.** There are worse ways to do it. Anyway, it was a great plan until I discovered there's a national shortage of cannelloni tubes. When I say 'national shortage' I don't have the latest ONS figures, but I do know from (my own) anecdotal evidence that two Tescos, a Sainsburys, and a Marksies were unable to help. What - and I mean WHAT - is the world coming to?

Out and About
A friend's son was thirty this week and I was invited to his bash if I happened to be passing. That, and only that, is the reason I was on the top floor of a city centre club on Saturday night. It's been a while, kids. I can't lie.
 
Have a lovely week, folks.

*I realise my blog and Adam Buxton's book share a similar rambling title. Great minds think alike or both of us hungrily scraping the bottom of the barrel? Who's to say? I guess we're both in excellent company. 

**And garlic bread. Natch.

No comments:

Post a Comment