Monday 23 December 2019

Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animals...

Smash Hits posters informed this shot.
Just a quick one this week. I imagine there are sighs of relief all round. I know, I get it. We've all got places to be and selection packs to eat. The festive party food needs heating up because, even if it's still whole days before the shops shut for half a minute, it's much more fun to have six brie and cranberry parcels for tea instead of something more balanced and vegetable-inclusive.

But enough of my Monday night food plans. I'm here to spread cheer and goodwill. Sadly the traditional seasonal Bond photo I've unearthed seems a little... what's the word I'm looking for?...brooding. Here I am, giving my best moody leotard Christmas pose, watched on by my grandmothers who are clearly humouring my attempts at serious modelling.

We can tell it's Christmas because both Grandmothers are in the same room of the same house. There's also the corner of a Christmas tree visible, top right. Beyond that, there's not much going on. Just feelings and angst. It's all a bit Brother Beyond.

I hope whatever shape your Christmas Day takes, that it's marvellous. Whether it's filled with people, stress, solitude, or the same as any other day because Christmas isn't your thing. 

For anyone not feeling quite so tiptop, and might want to connect with others, the #joinin hashtag on Twitter gets people chatting. It's great, especially when Christmas Day isn't feeling as good as it might, or is less social that you'd prefer. 

And once again, look out for the #duvetknowitschristmas* hashtag. People upload a photo of their makeshift sleeping arrangements as they return to the homes of their childhood and find their old bedroom has been turned into a craft room. No one will be screaming into their Twitter echo chamber about politics when people are busy sharing photos of their parents' study, with a double airbed and tablecloth bedcover wedged in at an awkward angle under a writing desk. It's as cockle-warming as all get out. Trust me. (And raises money for Shelter too. Win.)

All that's left to say is have a great Wednesday. May all your leotard poses be as intense and committed as mine.

Have a lovely week, folks.

*This article explains more, if you can't be faffed going on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment