Monday 21 November 2016

Carry the Verb

With no conscious thought, this blog has developed a bit of a pattern.  One week I give a book update, the next I talk rubbish about a random topic that has come into my head at the time of writing.

So whether it's good news for the world or not, this week is Book Update Week!  Yay!

Last time I wrote about this, I mentioned the main characters, Tilda and Grady.  So it’s time for a little bit more information to whet everyone’s appetite.  Can you contain your excitement?  I know I can’t.
  
With that in mind, I can now reveal the title of the book is….. *drum roll* …..  Carry the Beautiful.

All printed off and covered in corrections


When I have said this verbally, some people have assumed Carry is the girl’s name, Carrie.  But it is not.  It is definitely the verb, and is paraphrased from a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that is referenced at the start…


Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.”


Ralph Waldo Emerson.  I have come to love his writing but more importantly, bung a beard on him and he is the spit of my Dad circa 1975.




So there we have it.  Enough sneaky peeks for now - back to the update.  I now have the proof-read copy of my manuscript (apparently I’m a bugger for a split infinitive) and have inserted it into my chosen book layout.  I have seen suggested sketches of the front cover and have selected one to develop into the real thing.  I have also started my Christmas shopping.  Woohoo for me! 

Come back this time next week for a meandering stream of consciousness, or wait for the week later for more book news.  Happy Monday, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment